Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: YouTube Account = Disabled

  1. #1
    Inactive Member SWVA-Football's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2005
    Posts
    4,965
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    YouTube Account = Disabled

    Wow.

    I checked my e-mail today and got a notice saying that the Ken Shamrock Highlights video I had uploaded violated Zuffa copyrights and had been taken down. It said that repeating these actions could result in a locked account, and I'd have the same problem two or three times in the past (uploading game videos), so I went to my account and noticed that all of my video links were blacked out.

    I started freaking out about at that moment, so I clicked "My Account" to check my videos, and it told me to login .. so I entered my user and password and got the message, "This account has been permanently disabled."

    So I basically just lost three high school football videos, one UVA-Wise video (all from last year), a bunch of map making tutorials for Doom, a huge assortment of console/PC gaming videos (many I made myself), my Washington DC videos (which can never be replaced IMO), and much more.

    I just wanted to create this thread to say one thing:
    F*** YOU YOUTUBE.

    I had a Director account and uploaded many videos to help support the site, including several tutorial videos. If they want to take the stance in which they nitpick and allow other companies to budge in and claim copyrights and all this crap, I'm finished with YouTube.

    Really, I'm pissed beyond words. Maybe I wouldn't be as angry if I didn't spend 1 or 2 hours today uploading more videos that I had made simply because I wanted to please my subscribers and keep my productions rolling.

    All the hard work wasted.. I know that there will be those of you who only comment on the stupid "Chubz" videos I created, but you guys seriously have no idea how much work went into making my account as good as possible. Most of my videos were meant to be taken seriously, and they were not all random stupid ones such as the "Ask Chubz" series (which I took down anyways).

    Ok, I'm done crying about this now. Just needed to vent. UGH.
    Officially retired

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Unchained's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2005
    Location
    Norton, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    7,249
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: YouTube Account = Disabled

    I feel ya on that one. Once I had over 1000 seriously kick-ares songs downloaded on my computer, and the S.O.B went tits-up and I lost all my tunes. Such is life. I know how that feels,and it blows.
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

  3. #3
    Inactive Member SWVA-Football's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2005
    Posts
    4,965
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: YouTube Account = Disabled

    Yeah I know how you feel about losing songs.. I lost a computer earlier this year and it had tons of songs on it and I lost just about everything, even pictures I'd taken from vacation, etc. etc. etc. It's horrible to lose those types of things.
    Officially retired

  4. #4
    Inactive Member imported_hhstigerfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 12th, 2003
    Posts
    277
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: YouTube Account = Disabled

    "Reverand Dollar" how ironic! [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: YouTube Account = Disabled

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RottenSyntax</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
    Really, I'm pissed beyond words. </div></div>

    Really?
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •